|By Lisa VanWilliams|
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Horseradish depending on preference
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Garnished with parsley and chives
- Lemon for flavor
- In a blender puree the onion, garlic, olive oil, white wine, horseradish, and pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the shrimp in oil and add the wet mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Lastly, add bag of spinach.
- serve with rice
Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving equals 193 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.