|By Lisa VanWilliams|
Over 20 - 30% of your child daily caloric intake can come from their snacks!! We know as adults that can add up. Depending on what them have makes a huge difference.Try some of these great ideas.
- Make your own Fruit smoothies with a colorful straw - a great way to add fruit and calcium to your kids diet!
- Peanut Butter and whole grain pretzel sticks - the pretzels are low fat and the peanut butter is high in fiber and protein
- Apples sliced thinly - they have vitamin C and they are full of antioxidants ** Trust me when I say it make a difference when you slice them almost paper thin.. TRY IT!!
- Cheeses cut into shapes!! - calcium vitamin D and low in sodium
- Yogurt - calcium, protein, and boost your immunity
- Fresh fruit cut into shapes - vitamins, minerals, and more antioxidants
- Graham crackers drizzled with honey - honey is said to be a very powerful antioxidant. It might even help with allergies and help you relax so you sleep better at night.
- Baby petite carrots with sliced green peppers & cucumbers - potassium and vitamin packed
- Natural veggie sticks
- Home made Granola