|Review by Lisa VanWilliams|
Why are they great? Eco Lips is USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Gluten-Free, GMO free, and Cruelty Free. Their tubes and caps are made over 40% recycled materials, and the manufacturing energy they use is offset by 100% renewable resources. Plus they also work with Zambians in Africa (where about 68% of the people live below the national poverty line), by sourcing oils from their villages to create self-worth and increase their net worth. Kudos Eco Lips!
They will even design your very own organic lip balm for you if you want where you can pick your ingredients, design your container, and even name your balm. Great for birthday parties, gifts, and special occasions. They offer a few different handcrafted organic mixes for a complete line of afforadably priced balms:
- ONE WORLD version Fair Trade Certified blends packaged in biodegradeable/compostable paper tubes. Exotic oils from specific world regions.
- MONGO KISS lip balms are also Fair Trade Certified organic ingredients that has cocoa butter infused with Mongongo Oil from Zambia Africa. The "oil is sourced from a small rural village, helping a group of women create self-worth while increasing their net worth."
- Organic Lip Scrub is a gentle sugar that will exfoliate and polish to create soft smooth lips.
- Zinc Sunscreen SPF 15 will protect and nourish your lips from the sun without harsh chemicals.
- Bee Free Vegan Lip Balm is a combo of candelilla wax and cocoa butter to create soft and supple lips.
- Specialty Lip Balm line with choices for cold sores, hempseed oil, and Baobab oil.
- Pure & Simple Organic lip balm has mouth-watering fruit flavors that are 100% edible. Great starter chapstick for kids! Not that you want them to eat it, but I think most of us have tried it in our lives (I'm pretty sure I ate some as a child).
- SPF Fair Trade which is made of a combo of organic sunflower seed oil, organic beeswax, organic coconut oil, and vitamin E to protect your lips under harsh conditions.
- Tinted Fair Trade lip balms - 6 different shades to pick from that glide on smoothly to make lips shimmer & glow.
- Co-branded organic lip balms made by teaming up with Dagoba chocolate
- They also make a face stick for sunscreen, and bug balm stick repellent.
They sent us a few samples, and we are really liking the Eco Lips Zinc Sunscreen SPF15 Vanilla flavored lip balm and the Eco Lips ONE WORLD Repair in Mango Ginger flavor. The Bee Free wax glides on smoothly with a light scent of Superfruit.The scent and flavors are not overpowering in any way. This brand is VERY subtle and light but you can feel the moisture. You can find this brand at several Whole Foods locations throughout Connecticut, and surrounding areas. Look here to find your closest store locator: http://www.ecolips.com/store-locator
To find out more about the brand, please go to: http://www.ecolips.com/about-us