Friday, January 15, 2016

ShiKai Natural Hair & Skincare

Review by Lisa VanWilliams
ShiKai has been making shampoo since 1970, when Dr. Sepp whom is a medicinal Chemist, worked with the shikakai plant in India where it is known for it's ability to clean hair, leave it silky, soft and shiny. He formulated a shampoo using shikakai over 46 years ago and it was hit. Now the company has over 50 different products, all made in the USA, right in California.

They offer a few different lines to pick from:

SKIN CARE: Borage Therapy for Dry Skin, Borage Therapy Facial Skin Care, & Hand and Body Lotions (a blend of aloe, apricot oil, shea butter, borage oil - 9 tantalizing fragrances to choose from)

HAIR CARE: Natural Shampoos and Conditioners, Henna Gold Highlighting, Color Reflect Shampoos and Conditioners, & Color Reflect Styling

GELS/SOAPS: Moisturizing Shower Gels, Biker Soap (removes tough grease and grim), & Very Clean Liquid Hand Soap

They offer the following fragrances for Hand & Body Lotion, and Shower Gels:
  • Cucumber Melon #2 Best Seller
  • Vanilla
  • Yuzu (Japanese citrus, invigorating, spicy,) #3 Best Seller
  • Sandalwood
  • Pomegranite
  • Honeysuckle
  • Starfruit
  • Gardenia #1 Best Seller
  • Coconut

You can find out more about the company,order, and view all the products here:

My local Whole Foods in Connecticut was where I originally spotted the brand. 
The products get great reviews on sites like Amazon and Drugstore.com.The ShiKai Natural Everyday Shampoo got 5 out of 5 stars by over 60 reviews on VitaCost.com. 


The company was kind enough to send me some of the products to check out for myself. I am really enjoying using the products and I like them, I would recommend the brand based off my own experience and reviews of others as well. I received a compliment within minutes of trying on the Gardenia Hand & Body Lotion (strong scent that lasts a while).


I like to use the Color Reflect Shampoo Gold version to bring out my golden highlights and make them appear lighter and brighter. The Mist & Go Conditioner makes it easier for me to brush my color treated hair after showers (the hair products are lightly scented). My hands are extra dry this week so I have been applying the Borage Therapy Hand Cream and it instantly calms my hands and penetrates quickly.









No comments:

Post a Comment