|Review by Lisa VanWilliams|
Sparkling Ice is a company located in Washington State. They make refreshing zero-calorie, lightly carbonated beverages that are naturally flavored, and packed with vitamins and antioxidants. They have 11 different flavors, along with some caffeine free options as well. They also have a full line of ice teas & lemonades.
We tried the Crisp Apple flavor which is popular right now for making a few Fall favorites like Sparkling Apple Hot Toddy's, Sparkling Apple Punch, or Apple Crisp. It's light and refreshing with a subtle hint of apples -and my daughter drank the rest of the glass before I could finish it. View the recipes below from Sparkling Ice to try out these tasty festive favorites and learn how to make them.
Flavor options include:
- Black Raspberry
- Orange Mango
- Pink Grapefuit
- Kiwi Strawberry
- Coconut Pineapple
- Pomegranate Pineapple
- Peach Nectarine
- Lemon Lime
- Crisp Apple
- Cherry Limeade
- Strawberry Watermelon
You can use their store locator to find a location near you, where you can purchase these:
You can find out more about the company here:
- 6 oz. Crisp Apple SPARKLING ICE
- 1 ½ oz. whisky or apple brandy
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cinnamon stick, allspice cloves, and apple slices for garnish
- Coat the bottom of a glass coffee cup with honey. Add whisky or brandy
- Heat Crisp Apple SPARKLING ICE in a small sauce pot
- Pour hot SPARKLIGN ICE into glass. Stir to combine ingredients
- Garnish with cinnamon stick, allspice cloves, and apple slices
- 3 bottles of Crisp Apple SPARKLING ICE
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup apple brandy
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- In a large pitcher combine sliced fruit with brandy and wine. Let this sit in the refrigerator for approximately 3 hours.
- Right before serving, top with Crisp Apple SPARKLING ICE. Stir gently to combine the ingredients.
For The Crumble:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For The Apples:
- ¾ cup Crisp Apple SPARKLING ICE
- 8 red apples (Gala or Fuji preferred)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl, and cut in the butter with your hands. Mixture should look coarse with some chunks the size of peas.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the crumble on.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Place baking tray on a wire rack to cool.
For the apples
- Core and cube the apples and place in a large bowl of cold water to avoid browning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with SPARKLING ICE in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the apples, salt, and cinnamon. Sautee over a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Pour the SPARKLING Ice and cornstarch mixture into the pot, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Break the cooled crumble up with your hands to desired size.
- Scoop the warm apples into 6 small ramekins or an 8 inch square serving dish.
- Top with crumble.
- Serve immediately.