Friday, July 8, 2016

NYX Cosmetics

Review by Lisa VanWilliams
NYX Cosmetics is a 100% cruelty-free brand that offers high-quality makeup and beauty products at affordable prices, plus it has great reviews. It's named after the Greek goddess Nyx (pronounced Niks) and she was said to have ruled the night. Her power and beauty even had Zeus mesmerized. The company started out in 1999, and NYX was popular on the trade show scene. They were later acquired by L'Orèal. NYX is based out of LA and they are a global brand available in 70 countries. Ulta carries the brand: http://www.ulta.com/brand/nyx-cosmetics


They sent me a few items in the lip line to check out for myself and I like the brand. I would recommend them if your looking for some budget friendly new colors to freshen up your day. The INTENSE Butter Gloss ($6 each) was not sticky and it goes on smooth. Black Cherry was dark for me, but Sorbet was just right. The Soft Matte Lip Cream ($6 each) was nice as well. Budapest was a medium chocolate and Milan is a light pink shade. The color goes on surprisingly easy in a few swipes and it does not bleed. Butter Gloss is my new favorite. The Fortune Cookie color was too light for me, it looked like I had concealer on my lips, but the Angel Food Cake is where it's at. It's my #1 now. The Matte Lipstick ($6 each) was nice but I prefer the glosses. The lipstick cases were not very substantial and the stick sometimes falls down. Great color options on the lipsticks, they just need to work on the tube for that product.


The Lip Liners are nice and they go on smooth and last a while. I tried Cabaret which was redish brown color and I also tried Never which was a med/dark brown color - both very nice colors depending on which shade you go with.


You can find out more about the company, view the products, and order here:
http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/




2 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog post, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    brand management

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amiable articles and the blogs really helped me a lot, thanks for the valuable information.
    Maeng Da Canada

    ReplyDelete