Thursday, March 12, 2015

Costume Jewelry Organization

By Lisa VanWilliams
Back before children (B.C.), I used to spend lots of time in NYC with my girlfriends and nieces shopping. We would hit up the cosmetic jewelry wholesale district on Broadway (between 29th &30th) and stock up for the coming season. There are a few cool stores in there with some nice looking cheap jewelry, usually about half the price you would pay at the mall. There are some stores by there as well that sell some nice sterling silver pieces.

After doing these trips for many years, I had an accumulation of pieces getting tangled up in a drawer. Then one day, I saw an expandable coat rack in the store and got the idea to hang my pieces on the wall. That way I could see what pieces I had, so when I was wearing an outfit I could just pick and go without spending 10 minutes untangling it. Problem solved. Cheap way to display and get organized.




8 comments:

  1. I love it!! My necklaces are always getting twisted together and lost. What a great way to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! you could even paint or stain the coat rack so that it matches the decor. I think I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! I should really try this too. I hate how my necklaces get all tangled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea! It looks like necklace art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. It is nice to have the necklaces out where you can enjoy them even when they aren't being worn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Necklaces are the hardest things to organize. This looks like a great option!

    Mickey mybashfullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I inherited all my mom's jewelry, most of it costume. I need something to organize all of it, and this looks great (especially since my mom actually had something exactly like this in my childhood home!). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT idea! Nothing is more annoying then having to untangle every necklace you own!

    ReplyDelete