Sunday, October 9, 2016

Mango Chutney Apple Tart


By Lisa VanWilliams

Yesterday we went apple picking and I have two huge bowls overflowing with apples. My daughter and I made Apple Strudel Muffins yesterday, and this morning I made an apple tart.
Here was the highly rated Strudel recipe we picked the other day: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/33157/apple-strudel-muffins/
They are really tasty and my husband is finishing them off today.

Today I cheated and used a pre-made pie crust I had leftover, but feel free to make your own dough!

Ingredients:
1 pie crust
4 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup mango chutney
2 tablespoons dark rum
1 tablespoon honey

Directions: Preheat oven to 375. Spread out the pie crust on cookie sheet and start laying down the apple slices in a spiral. Topping one piece over the other. Once all the slices are laid down, fold up the dough sides and crimp with your fingers, sprinkle sugar over apples. drop pieces of butter around the tart. Bake in oven for 45 mins. In the meantime, on stove top in small sauce pan, add rum, chutney, and honey and reduce it down. Remove apple tart and pour mix over apples, put back in oven to brown up. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. So interesting. I loved your blog.

    Take a look here on Home decoration ideas that can give you goosebumps. DiynLifestyle- Everything about creativity, arts, crafts, diy, fashion and lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe-inspiring blogs, I love reading your articles.
    Buy Kratom In Canada

    ReplyDelete